Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fawn Again!

I saw the fawn again. It's mother deposited it right smack in the middle of our yard, in between the pond and the road. Slightly strange. The grass was a little longer where it was in the middle, but still. And she didn't come back for it until mid-afternoon! I didn't want to get too close and scare it too much, but apparently you could pick it up and it wouldn't do a thing. All day long I would peek out the window or run over to the top of the hill to see if that little speck of polka-dotted brown was still there and it was. Finally, one time it was just green grass. I went down and there was a small, fawn shaped depression where it had been.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I haven't seen a fawn in awhile, just the adults. It was fun to show my 3-year-old the picture. Thanks for sharing!