Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Heat Wave


The past few days have been brutal and you just have to sit and take it. I made sure I didn't leave the office because the AC is swank in there, but once home we sit in the basement. Even the porch wasn't its usual respite. Thick, baking heat. We have a fan in our room but I do have a unit come August. We've never had one before but I do believe that in pregnancy you get some leeway with ice cream and air conditioning. The weather is back to normal and now it's just amazingly summerific out.

1 comment:

Sub-Tropicaligal said...

Whoa! We heard about this scorcher! And it's only June. Man, Spring will trick you in NY. I remember a frigid June where you and I huddled on our dirty urban fire escape drinkin' something, and bitching about the unusually late Spring. Well...now you've got heat. Let it grow!